Tarsus has leveraged its strengths in developed markets to construct a portfolio in emerging markets both through acquisition and replication.
Tarsus now generates 38% of its revenues from these markets and has a strong local presence in Dubai and China and Turkey, and continues to build its presence in India and South America.
- $26 billion - largest dollar-value order in Boeing's history, placed at the Dubai Airshow.
- 5,000 visitors to GESS.
- 28% growth in revenues at Sign Istanbul.
- 9% increase in visitors to Gulf Print & Pack.
- 44% increase in Labelexpo Asia revenue.
- June 2013 13th-16th Rew İstanbul
- September 2013 19th-22nd Zuchex 2013
- November 2013 13th-15th IIICE 2013:Indonesian International...
- November 2013 17th-21st Dubai Airshow 2013
- November 2013 18th-19th GATE - Gulf Aviation Training Event
- November 2013 18th-19th GATM - Gulf Air Traffic Management
- November 2013 28th-1st SIGN Istanbul
- November 2013 28th-1st Flower Show Turkey/Eurasia Plant Fair 2013
- December 2013 3rd-6th Labelexpo Asia
Tarsus is firmly established as a leading exhibition organiser in Dubai and the wider Middle East region, with events such as the Dubai Airshow, MEBA and GESS enjoying a strong foothold in their respective industries. The twelfth edition of the Dubai Airshow enjoyed 3% revenue growth as well as a 7% growth in visitors whilst attracting its highest ever exhibitor turnout. 2011 laid positive foundations for future growth with the launch of the Gulf Aviation Training Event (GATE) and the formation of a partnership with the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA) which will present further opportunities to expand into the Abu Dhabi region.
The rebranded Gulf Print & Pack show was also held in Dubai and welcomed 8,187 visitors - an increase of 9% on the previous event. Quickly established as the largest exhibition for the printing industry in the Middle East and North Africa, 56% of the available space for the next edition was booked by the time the show closed.
Tarsus Hope Exhibition Company Ltd., a JV company with offices in Central and Western China, reported strong growth across its portfolio of exhibitions targeting the medical equipment, manufacturing, printing and leisure industries, resulting in a year-on-year increase in revenues of 25%.
The JV is well placed to capitalise on new business opportunities arising from the robust economic growth forecast for the foreseeable future in China’s second tier cities.
In Shanghai, the fifth Labelexpo Asia proved to be the most successful year in the show’s history, with a 41% increase in revenues. The show broke all previous records in attendee and exhibitor numbers and many senior executives visited, confirming the importance of the event and the market in Asia.
In Beijing, the Chinese Travel event, COTTM was also a great success, with 3,300 visitors - a 10% increase on the previous year.
In 2011, Tarsus acquired a 75% stake in IFO, one of the largest exhibition organizers in Turkey. This strategic acquisition adds a further 3 sectors to Tarsus’ portfolio – waste/recycling, lifts and signage in addition to providing a solid platform from which to launch new events. The Turkish economy is projected to grow at a rate of approximately 5% between 2011 and 2013. Furthermore, given Turkey’s unique geographical positioning on the crossroads between East and West, Tarsus believe there is a significant opportunity to develop the existing IFO portfolio into world leading events and bring existing Tarsus assets into this vibrant and fast growing market.
The first Sign Istanbul under the Group’s ownership took place in early December and was a major success. Revenues were up 28% on the previous edition and visitor numbers were strong.
The fourth Latin American Label Summit in Brazil was a tremendous success, attracting its highest number of delegates ever and was the first Summit event to feature live working machinery demonstrations.
- Labelexpo Asia www.labelexpo-asia.com
- South China Label Show www.southchinalabelshow.com
- Wuhan Int'l Advertising & Media Fair http://www.whadexpo.com/e_About.asp
- China Outbound Tourism and Travel Market http://www.cottm.com
- Shanghai Int'l Model Exhibition www.shmodelexpo.com.cn
- Hefei Industry Exhibition www.ccieme.com.cn
- Medical Equipment Exhibition www.cwmee.com
- Medical Treatment Exhibition www.cwmee.com
- Manufacturing Expo www.ccieme.cn
- Labelexpo India www.labelexpo-india.com
- Label Summit Latin America www.labelsummit.com/mexico.