These terms and conditions apply to attendees and delegates registered for events (each an “Event”) organised by Tarsus Group Limited or any group company within the Tarsus Group (referred to as “we/our/us”). A full list of entities within the Tarsus Group is available on request.
As a potential attendee/delegate to an Event (referred to as “you/your”), please read these terms and conditions carefully as they contain important information.
By submitting your registration and/or by attending an Event, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions (without notice) from time to time and you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that the Event is staged.
- Your registration is issued for your personal use only. You may not sell or otherwise transfer your registration to others without our written consent.
- We reserve the right at any time to cancel, change the format (including, without limitation, from a physical Event to a virtual Event and vice versa), content, location, venue, opening hours, duration, dates, other timings, speakers, participants and/or any other aspect of the Event, in each case without liability. We reserve the right to withdraw any registration after confirmation without liability. Personal arrangements, including, without limitation, travel and accommodation, are at your own risk and we will not be liable for any costs relating to such arrangements, even if the Event is cancelled or moved to new date(s).
- Our Events are aimed at industry professionals only. Anyone under the age of 18 is not permitted to register or allowed on the show floor. Anyone under the age of 18 is not permitted to attend a virtual Event.
- As a holder of a valid badge, ticket, wristband or other authorized means of entry (a “Badge”) to the Event, you acknowledge that there are hazards and risks of physical injury or illness to attendees of the Event and that not all such hazards or risks can be fully eliminated. By accepting the Badge and attending the Event, you freely and voluntarily agree to assume the full risk of bodily injury or property damage, regardless of severity that you may sustain as a result of attending the Event, whether or not caused by the negligence or gross negligence of us. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other diseases exists in any public place where people are present. By participating in the Event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to any such disease. You must follow all posted instructions while attending the event.
- All unauthorised filming, sound recording and photography of the Event, and all unauthorised transmission of audio or visual material at the Event, by you is expressly prohibited. You agree: (a) to surrender to us or destroy on demand any material in whatever media recorded in violation of this paragraph, (b) that the copyright and other intellectual property rights in any such material shall vest in us unconditionally and immediately on the creation of such material, and (c) to hold us and all entities within the Tarsus Group (as well as any employees or other representatives of the same) harmless against any claims made in respect of such unauthorised activities.
- You consent to us ﬁlming, sound recording and taking photographs at the Event, which may include or feature your voice or image (the “Content”). You acknowledge and agree that we are the sole and exclusive owner of all rights in the Content and hereby waive any and all: (a) rights in and to such Content, and (b) claims that you may have relating to or arising from the Content and/or its use. Without limitation, we shall be permitted to use the Content anywhere in the World for promotional and other purposes, without any payment or compensation.
- We reserve the right to deny entry or remove from the Event with no refund or compensation any person who, in our sole and absolute discretion, behaves or threatens to behave in a manner which we reasonably consider disruptive to the Event and/or is in violation of our Event Policies or Code of Conduct (see below). These apply to attendees, exhibitors, speakers, guests, professionals, media, staff, volunteers and security. By attending the Event, you acknowledge and agree to abide by any such Event Policies and Code of Conduct (see below) that may be brought to your attention.
- Each attendee agrees that they will not, and will not directly or indirectly cause others to, do any of the following in connection with the Event: (i) sell goods or services, display goods or services, make solicitations of any kind, or conduct any commercial activities without our prior written approval, and (ii) harvest, collect, or attempt to collect the personal information, email addresses or other contact information of other participants in the Event without the explicit consent of such participants.
- You expressly assume all risks associated with, resulting from or arising in connection with your participation in and/or attendance at the Event. We do not make any warranty as to the Event in general, including, without limitation, in relation to: (a) the presence, absence or location of any exhibitor, sponsor or attendee, (b) the number of exhibitors, sponsors or attendees, and/or (c) the beneﬁt or outcome (commercial or otherwise) that you may achieve as a result of attending the Event. We shall not incur any liability whatsoever for any procedures administered, or products displayed or sold by any exhibitor or sponsor at the Event.
- You should consider carefully whether or not you will be able to participate in any activities offered as part of the attendee programme or by exhibitors or sponsors of the event. We warn that some activities may be physically or mentally demanding and/or carry inherent dangers. You understand that some exercise-based activities may be a risk to your physical health and safety if you do not perform them correctly. You accept that for the Event you are attending, it is entirely your responsibility to decide whether or not participation in any activity offered is appropriate to your capabilities, aptitude, fitness and health. You also accept that it is entirely your responsibility to observe all health and safety requirements and instructions that you may be given in relation to activities. If you are participating in any activity that is offered virtually for participation in a home or office environment, you should ensure that your environment is safe, provides adequate space and is free of dangerous or hazardous objects and materials. We and all entities within the Tarsus Group (as well as any employees or other representatives of the same) exclude all liability for any loss, injury, disease or damage whatsoever that you may suffer in connection with or arising from your participation in any activities offered as part of the attendee programme (including, without limitation, any activities held outside of, or incidentally to, the main Event that you are attending), whether direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental or punitive loss, injury or damage (including, without limitation, injury or disease to persons, property damage, theft, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss or corruption of data or any other type of economic loss, injury or damage) or otherwise. The limitations and exclusions in this paragraph only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- By registering to attend one of our events, you understand that our team will contact you in an appropriate manner, either by telephone or email. We will use the details you give us to send you information about the products and services which we offer that we believe align with your business interests. If you decide you no longer want to hear from us, we will make it easy for you to let us know. Tarsus Group does not share your information with any third parties for marketing purposes. If you would like to know more about how we look after your personal information, please refer to our privacy notice. If you attend one of our events, you may be asked to have your badge scanned by an exhibitor or sponsor. By allowing this, you will be providing the exhibitor or sponsor with your personal data. This data may be used to contact you about their products or services.
Code of conduct
Tarsus is committed to providing a professional, friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all and ask all Attendees and Exhibitors to adhere to the following Code of Conduct.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Be inclusive. We welcome and support people of all backgrounds and identities. This includes but is not limited to members of any sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social and economic class, immigration status, education level, age , size, family status, political belief, religion, and physical or mental ability.
- Be respectful. Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour, speech or inuendo that could be deemed offensive to others. Harassment or exclusionary behaviour is not acceptable. This includes, but is not limited to: Threats of violence, Discriminatory jokes and language, Sharing sexually explicit or violent material, Personal comments or insults, especially those with racist or sexist terms, Unwelcome sexual attention or behaviour, Advocating for, or encouraging any of the above.
Anyone violating this Code of Conduct may be expelled from the event at the sole discretion of Show Management, and may be barred from future events.