Do you have a thirst for knowledge? Are you a social butterfly? Do you enjoy being the best at something?
We're currently recruiting for a Conference Producer to support the work of one of Tarsus Group's subsidiaries, Smarter Shows.
Conference production can be a very rewarding career, but it is not for the faint hearted. The work is dynamic and diverse but can be challenging at times as we are working to meet deadlines and performance targets. A great conference producer doesn’t just deliver what is asked, they go above and beyond by evaluating and developing their own work to achieve excellence.
As a producer you’ll play a central role within the company, collaborating across all departments and taking the lead in understanding your markets and developing conference programs, webinars, industry reports and other content for the brands you will be looking after.
During a typical day, you could be writing an industry report, conducting research calls with senior executives of the worlds’ most prominent companies, analysing delegate lists to understand visitor trends, or proofing and providing feedback on marketing materials. You would be part of a supportive team of conference producers who also enjoy a laugh, celebrate our successes and unwind over the occasional social activities outside of work.
About Smarter Shows:
Smarter Shows is an exhibition and conference brand owner, delivering a portfolio of sector leading live events primarily in the aerospace, automotive and materials industries. Innovative and agile, we are a truly 21st-century events business, founded and supported by some of the most respected people in the business; our founders have over 50 years combined industry experience.
Our market leading brands and events includes the Space Tech Expo and Foam Expo series, Ceramics Expo, plus our newly launched Adhesives & Bonding Expo.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Project management and production of content and conferences in your care
- Writing engaging copy for conference programs, industry reports, webinars, speaker interviews, blog posts, etc.
- Desk and phone research to identify market trends, hot topics, and conference opportunities
- Building relationships with key industry figures & speaker acquisition
- Cross-functional collaboration with sales & marketing on sponsorship and marketing deliverables
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to unleash your creativity on your own projects within a supportive team environment
- Opportunity to make your mark on successful, growing, brands and launch events
- Competitive salary
- Central Brighton office workspace
- Dog friendly office
- Opportunity to travel
- Summer and winter staff parties
Do you have what it takes to become our next conference producer? We’d love to hear from you if you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- A minimum of 1-2-year experience in conference production or a similar role: market research/analyst, journalism, (content) marketing
- A minimum 2:1 university degree in economics, business studies, humanities, journalism, marketing or similar
- Analytical: you excel at making sense of lots of different types of information. Drawing your own well-founded conclusions and presenting it concisely
- Love of language: you enjoy writing and understand the importance of knowing your audience
- You are results driven, resourceful in finding solutions, determined to meet your targets and adaptive to a change in plans
- You have an efficient, meticulous, and detail-oriented work ethic
- You are approachable, confident, and articulate
- Must be able to work flexible hours and able to travel
- Knowledge of using data analytics tools such as Excel, Google Data Studio or similar is a bonus