Event Director, Labelexpo Europe
We are an international business-to-business media group seeking an experienced Event Director/ Senior Event Manager to manage our flagship event in our portfolio – a stable of established leading industry events for the labels and package printing market globally, as well as manage the sales team based in our UK head office.
This role will require owning and developing key relationships between supplier stakeholders, managing the UK sales team and coordinating with the marketing and operations team for the successful delivery and development of the group’s flagship event, from achieving sales targets to managing the event's P&L.
The successful candidate will be an established Event Director or Senior Event Manager looking for their next challenge, and will be eager to take on a global role with the ambition to grow the portfolio, identifying suitable emerging markets and able to manage partners and senior stakeholders internationally.
Reporting to the Portfolio Director, key responsibilities include:
- Providing a clear sales strategy and delivering it to achieve set sales targets, securing all key exhibitors and supplementary sales as part of the delivery
- Demonstrating clear and effective communication of ideas, processes and goals, working with the marketing, finance and operations team
- Managing the event budget and delivering the gross profit margin set
- Monitoring and managing agents/partners/stakeholders within the portfolio
- Identifying and developing relationships with industry leaders and key associations, working closely with the marketing manager
- Providing clear updates, forecasts and reports to the portfolio director and the managing director, including generating accurate sales reports and pipelines on Salesforce
This role also requires the candidate to:
- Understand market dynamics and trends
- Travel where/when needed
- Recruit and train the sales team in the UK/wherever necessary
- Work closely with the operations team in negotiating with the venue and our contractors, and ensuring all contracts are competitive
The candidate should have:
- At least 10 years in the events industry
- Proven experience in directing and managing exhibitions internationally
- Strong sales and negotiation skills and comfortable presenting at a senior level
- Demonstrable leadership skills, with strategy and planning experience
- Good financial controller able to provide consistent accurate forecasting through Salesforce
- Experience of creating commercial strategy using Salesforce insights
- Knowledge of Salesforce best practice sales behaviours for all direct and indirect reports
- Proven experience of managing a successful sales team
- Proficient in Excel
We are looking for someone with initiative and drive, and a charismatic and intelligent sales approach, who will be confident and capable in managing and motivating an experienced sales team. A mature outlook is needed to help the Portfolio Director manage and steer the team in a phase of growth and ambitious launches in a challenging environment.
To discuss the role in more detail please contact us.