Event Manager/ Event Director
We are an seeking an experienced Event Manager/Event Director to work on a brand new portfolio of events in the wide format print advertising and brand communication industry, bringing together exhibitors showcasing the latest technologies in digital printing.
These events will be supported by associations, media partners and industry stakeholders from across the wide format printing industry, and will be co-located with it’s sister portfolio Labelexpo – a stable of established leading industry events for the labels and package printing market globally.
This role will require owning and developing these key relationships, as well as managing and coordinating all aspects of the delivery and development of the event, from achieving sales targets to managing the event's P&L. The portfolio will house several events across the globe consisting of organic launches and rebranded acquisitions.
The successful candidate will be an established Event Director or Event Manager looking for their next challenge, and will be eager to take on a global role with the ambition to grow the portfolio, identifying suitable emerging markets and able to manage partners and senior stakeholders internationally. As the first event in the portfolio is an organic launch, the Event Manager/ Event Director will be at the heart of the sales effort at this stage, very much focussing on securing participation of the key suppliers in the industry.
Reporting to the Portfolio Director, key responsibilities include:
- Providing a clear sales strategy and delivering it to achieve set sales targets, securing all key exhibitors and supplementary sales as part of the delivery
- Demonstrating clear and effective communication of ideas, processes and goals, working with the marketing, finance and operations team
- Managing the event budget and delivering the gross profit margin set
- Monitoring and managing agents/partners/stakeholders within the portfolio
- Identifying and developing relationships with industry leaders and key associations, working closely with the marketing manager
- Providing clear updates, forecasts and reports to the portfolio director and the managing director, including generating accurate sales reports and pipelines on Salesforce
This role also requires the candidate to:
- Understand market dynamics and trends
- Identify new business development opportunities - target acquisitions, launches, partnerships, alliances, joint ventures to build the longer term strategic plan for the portfolio
- Travel where/when needed
The candidate should have:
- Proven experience in directing and managing exhibitions internationally
- Strong sales and negotiation skills and comfortable presenting at a senior level
- Demonstrable leadership skills, with strategy and planning experience
- A fluent and excellent communicator at all levels; confident decision-maker
- Good financial controller able to provide consistent accurate forecasting through Salesforce
- Experience of creating commercial strategy using Salesforce insights
- Knowledge of Salesforce best practice sales behaviours for all direct and indirect reports
This position suits an ambitious, strategic senior event manager or event director looking for an incredible opportunity to manage and grow their own portfolio, who fully understands the financial and commercial viability of running launch events. We are looking for someone with initiative and drive, and a charismatic and intelligent sales approach.