Marketing & Engagement Coordinator
We are currently recruiting for an entry level social media and digital strategist to join our company.
Position: Marketing & Engagement Coordinator
Duration: 12 months training programme
Location: Hammersmith, London
Reporting to: Marketing and Conference Director
Tarsus Group is a leading international media company with a portfolio of exhibitions, conferences, publications and online media that span across the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. With its head office in London, Tarsus also has offices in the USA, UAE, Turkey, China and Indonesia.
Since its founding in 1998, Tarsus has grown from strength to strength and has enjoyed a FTSE listing on the London Stock Exchange for the past 10 years. During this time, the company has expanded dramatically and this is in part due to the culture of nurturing talent and promoting from within the organisation.
The principal strategy of the Group is to build a business that facilitates the development of relationships between buyers and sellers, helping them to do business in their respective markets efficiently and profitably. Tarsus seeks to achieve this by owning and managing the key exhibitions, conferences, print and online media in each sector in which it operates.
We are currently recruiting for an entry level social media and digital strategist to join our company. The successful individual will undertake a 12 month training programme, with the potential to become a full time member of the team on completion. The role will provide support and assistance to the GESS Marketing and Conference team to help deliver key digital and social objectives.
- Working with Marketing team to create and implementing social media plans to create engaging content for the GESS social media presence across all channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin
- Keeping channels updated and brand focused and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences both existing and new to amplify content
- Using timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimise visits and engagement
- Working with the marketing team and other departments to create dynamic written, graphic, and video content that promotes audience interaction and encourages audience participation
- Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects with regular reporting to the wider team, also speaking to other departments across the business to ensure best practice to optimise activity
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media and website content to stay on top of key social media trends
- Works with marketing team members to coordinate exprom digital ad campaigns to help generate leads and working with external agency to deliver visprom campaigns
- Optimises social media and website content following search engine optimisation (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC)
- Weekly health check of websites, ensuring content is up-to-date and accurate, reviewing google analytics and reporting as necessary
- Conducting research into potential speakers, themes and content for conferences and assisting with scheduling
- Looking at ways to leverage and engage speakers on social media to push out key messages
- Liaising with speakers to chase for programme content, booking travel where required. Ensuring speaker information is accurate and up-to-date on website and other marketing material
- Good computer literacy including good knowledge of MS Office and social media platforms
Skills and abilities:
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate:
- The ability to deal effectively and confidently with a wide range of people
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and develop
- The ability to juggle tasks and go above and beyond
- Good organisational skills
- Good copywriting and communication skills, with an eye for detail
- A working knowledge of the latest Google algorithms, Analytics and Adwords
- Social media content creation experience
- The ability to use initiative
This job description is a guideline only and is not intended to imply any strict limitation as to the duties required by the role.
if interested please contact Sarah Palmer, Marketing and Conference Director - firstname.lastname@example.org