Tarsus Group delivers B2B events, along with digital media, focussed publications and education, globally with a particularly strong presence in the United States, Asia and EMEA. The Group operates across numerous industries including aviation, medical, labels, travel and manufacturing with leading brands such as the Dubai Airshow, Labelexpo, Hometex and Connect Meetings in its portfolio. Headquartered in Hammersmith, London, Tarsus was founded and listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1998. In 2019 the Group was acquired by private equity firm, Charterhouse Capital Partners.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
We are seeking a Recruitment Manager to work with our senior management teams. We are looking for someone with a strong and consistent track record of recruitment experience with an agency background or an appropriate in-house role. [Experience of working in or with a media business is preferred.]
You will be responsible for supporting hiring requirements across the UK, Dubai and US businesses. You will enjoy devising the approach for attracting and managing candidates to ensure positive, long-lasting relationships and be comfortable utilising social media platforms to do so. You will liaise with managers and directors, advising on sourcing strategies to support business objectives. Therefore, a strong track record of liaising with senior managers, excellent relationship management and communication skills will be essential. You will be proactive, diplomatic, assertive, and flexible.
This role is based in the Tarsus head office in Hammersmith, London where most of our staff also work from home or remotely for 2-3 days each week.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manage recruitment process end-to-end including job briefing, pre-screening of candidates, interviewing, managing hiring managers and offer extension, management and administration of offers.
- Meet with line managers to agree on recruitment planning, discuss a projected time to hire, gain a complete understanding of the role and person specification.
- Source candidates via LinkedIn (or other social media), internal and external databases.
- Assess, select and then run an appropriate ATS to ensure that the recruitment process for new hires is efficient and effective.
- Manage the recruiter when external agencies are being used.
- Promote the Tarsus internal referral scheme and follow-up referred candidates.
- Ensure Tarsus policies on diversity are followed throughout the recruitment process.
- Support managers in shortlisting of candidates for interview.
- Provide detailed feedback for interviewees directly or via the ATS.
- Oversee recruitment web page design for maximum exposure and SEO.
- Ensure that candidates’ experiences are professional and foster positive impressions of the business.
- Provide interview guidance and training with line managers to ensure consistency in our approach with both external and internal candidates.
- Deal with Visa application process for any overseas hires coming to the UK, with appropriate support from Group Legal.
- Keep up to date records relating to staff turnover, gender and ethnicity composition in the Group, focusing initially on UK, US and Dubai.
- Manage the employment status determination process with appropriate support from Group Legal.
- Conduct exit interviews when employees leave the company.
- As time capacity allows, assist with wider HR projects such as compensations reviews, annual appraisal process etc.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong experience in recruitment; agency or in-house.
- Experience in end-to-end management of recruitment.
- Self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Affinity for working in teams and strong influencing skills.
- Experience in sourcing across territories is an advantage.
- Strong writing skills.
- A natural passion for business research.
- Comfortable with phone activity, speaking to business leaders.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Relevant qualifications and/or media industry experience is desirable.